Epilepsy New Zealand
WHO WE ARE
Epilepsy New Zealand (ENZ) is the only non-profit organisation in New Zealand specially dedicated to the welfare and support of people with epilepsy. Its primary objective is to help those with epilepsy, and work towards removing misunderstanding and discrimination that often stems from it.
ENZ provides information, education and direct service programmes to assist individuals, families and employers to make decisions and take action regarding health, care, independence, productivity and community participation.
Areas of support include:
- national public education
- legal and government advocacy
- medical, scientific and social research programmes
- a national reference library
- toll free number - 0800 20 21 22
- national fundraising and a broad range of informational materials
- website www.epilepsy.org.nz
Epilepsy, by its chronic and unpredictable nature, imposes a heavy burden on people with it, their families and their community associates. A network of branches throughout the country, support national initiatives and provide educational, informational and direct services. Professional field officers employed at each branch offer a variety of services including:
- individual case management
- advocacy and home visits
- information and guidance programmes to schools and employers
- advice to health professionals.
Epilepsy New Zealand is funded through extensive fundraising activities, public donations, bequests, application to Trusts, accumulated investments and funding throught the government health funding agency.
National Support Centre
114 Alexandra Street
PO Box 1074
phone 07 834 3556
fax 07 834 3553
This information has been supplied and approved by the Epilepsy NZ Inc and is copyright protected.